Kodagu as it was known before the British Raj and now called Coorg is a beautiful hill country situated at a height of 3000 to 5000 feet above sea level. Called the “Scotland of India” and the “Kashmir of the South”, the beauty of its verdant valleys, green luxuriant forests, emerald rice fields and lush coffee and pepper plantations is breathtaking.
Here on the edge of the world famous Nagarhole wild life sanctuary, located on 300 acres of coffee plantation lies a sprawling and spacious many bedroom estate home. Established over a century ago by Maneyapanda Nachiah, it is now converted into a luxurious home stay called the “Thithimathi Heritage stay ” and is a perfect mix of modern comfort and charm reminiscent of the old Plantation lifestyle. It retains the character of its original structure and is designed for the traveler who wants to experience the same. This estate home has played host to distinguished guests like Lord Baden Powell, Acharya Vinobha Bhave, John Galbraith and Pearl S Buck, to name a few.
Thithimathi Heritage Stay provides a modern setting while in Coorg. The property has 8 well-appointed rooms that are equipped with a variety of essential facilities to ensure guests have an enjoyable stay. Kodagu and Suntikoppa are located an easy drive from the property.
- 10 Big rooms and can accommodate easily 4 person in each room. Attached spacious, clean and hygienic Toilet/Bathrooms with running hot water on demand.
- Ideal for the families and groups of around 40 people
What is included in the tour
- Stay in the rooms
- Food- All three meals with Coorgi Cuisine with Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian buffet.
- Coffee/Tea in the morning and evening.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Cocktail snacks- Can be provided at extra cost upon prior communication.
- Beverages of any kind.
- Plantation homestay set in a two-century old heritage home within 350 acres of coffee plantation estate
- 10 well decorated rooms with attached bathrooms
- More than 300 birds are found around the estate
- South Indian and Coorg cuisine meals served at the dining area
- Activities include trekking or cycling in the coffee plantation estate, angling in one of the many lakes. Skanda has its own lakes that are stocked with fish and one can cast a line
- Candlelight dinner, bonfire, barbecue can be organised
- Recreation options include watching films / TV in common area, tennis and badminton
- Recommended for those looking for a complete plantation experience
- 12:00 Check-in to Thithimathi Heritage Stay
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:30 Rafting or Iruppu Falls visit or Dubare Elephant Camp Visit
- 18:00 Back to Home Stay
- 18:30 Bon fire
- 20:00 Dinner and relax
- 07:00 Morning Coffee/Tea
- 07:30 Nature hike
- 09:00 Break fast
- 10:30 Check out