Barpole whitewater rafting experience in southern Coorg’s most magnificent river, Barapole, is just off Tata’s only Tea Gardens of South Coorg, Glenlorna Tea Estate and 12 kms from Iruppu Falls., off the eastern flanks of Brahmagiri Ghats. In Kannada ‘Hole’ means river, the name of the river is Barpu. Barpu+Hole became Barapole aka Barpole. A river that vibrates with frothy white rapids at the onset of the monsoon.This is monsoon rafting only hence when all rivers are flooded, this river is ideal for rafting otherwise during summer its merely a stream one can walk through. Barapole is considered as one of the best white water rafting sections of south India.
The Barpole Rafting can be done for up-to nine months in a year depending upon the monsoon, the season typically starts from the month of June and ends in October.
What is included in the tour
- Safety Gear
- Safety briefing
- Qualified Instructor
- Pool training
- Jeep ride from end point to start point.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Photography & Videography at extra cost.
- Change of Clothes
- Any extra expenses
- One of the best whitewater rafting sections of South India.
- Report to Ace Paddlers - Barpole Rafting Camp office at KKR Junction near Tata Tea Gardens 15 minutes prior to your scheduled trip.
- Fill up Waiver of Liability and Medical forms, Change your dress- Confirm by making payment should you require photos and videos of Rafting trip.
- Start off the Rafting Putin point, get in to your safety gear like Life Jackets and Helmets, get paddles.
- Our professionals will do the Safety briefing about gear, river and instructions to follow.
- Get into your rafts and go on with pool training sessions.
- Once you and our guide are familiar with basic rafting skills and requirement of the trip start off on the rafting trip for the rush of your adrenaline high.
- Navigate through exciting rapids of grade 3-3+ depending on that particular days water level, namely Morning Coffee, Grass Hopper, Ram Jaane and Big Bang in the river section of about 3-4kms and end in the beautiful Tea Gardens of Coorg.
- Carry back your rafts and gear from Take out point to the Jeeps waiting for you.
- Take a ride back in our Jeeps to Barpole rafting camp office through beautiful Tea Gardens
- Change your dress, sip some steaming Coffee/Tea and collect your photos and videos(if you have confirmed before the trip).
- Head back with the memories of experience of your lifetime with Ace Paddlers