Bhadra whitewater rafting and Camping experience in Chickmagalur’s most magnificent, Bhadra river valley, is just off near one of the top 8 dense forests of the world, 30 kilometres of Kudremukha National Park and 10 kms from Magundi. A river that vibrates with frothy white rapids at the onset of the monsoon.This is ideal for rafting year round. Even in monsoon when all rivers are flooded, this river is ideal for rafting and during summer its a nice experience even in slow currents as there are good drops, rapids and also a natural river jacuzzi experience before you end your rafting trip. Bhadra river rafting is considered as one of the best and scenic white water rafting sections of south India.
Bhadra White water rafting
AcePaddlers makes every effort to run a quality trip, including all the safety instructions and briefing, before and during each trip by our trained professionals. One needs to follow their instructions sincerely. Rafting is a team event and co-ordination and participation from all the members is required and appreciated. We at Bhadra river do not use Oar rafts where one just sit back and enjoy the ride and guide is going to do all the paddling. We use Paddle rafts aka Oar assisted paddle rafts. Each Raft can take up-to 8 people per raft with a professional guide and it requires involvement and active participation from all the members. One shall need to actively help paddle on the trip they choose, to successfully complete rafting trip.
What is included in the tour
- Camping in Camping tents
- Basic and Hygienic toilet and bathroom facilities.
- Food: Lunch (simple veg), High Tea, Buffet dinner(Veg & Non-Veg), Dinner and Break fast.
- Camp fire(subject to weather conditions)
- River Rafting
- Safety Gear
- Safety briefing
- Qualified Instructor
- Pool training
- Ride from end point to start point in jeeps or Rickshaw
- Trekking(guide will be provided for groups)
- Visit to water falls(in your vehicles itself- 10 minutes hike after drive able road ends)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Change of clothes
- Photography and Videography charges
- Any other expenses
- Cocktail snacks during campfire
- Jeep hire charges if any
- Any sort of internal transport except in the inclusions.
- Any other services and activities which are not in the inclusions.
- One of the best whitewater rafting sections of South India.
- Trekking (for trekking enthusiasts there is 3-4 hour Ballalarayanadurga fort Trekking also
- Visit to Balige Falls
- Drive to Kyathanamakki
- Horanadu Annapurneshwari Temple
- Kalaseshwara Temple Kalasa
- Bavi konda trek
- and lot more for enthusiasts
- Report to Ace Paddlers - Bhadra Camp near Balehole
- Check-in and Lunch
- Fill up Waiver of Liability and Medical forms, Change your dress- Confirm by making payment should you require photos and videos of Rafting trip.
- Start off to the Rafting Putin point, get in to your safety gear like Life Jackets and Helmets, get paddles.
- Our professionals will do the Safety briefing about gear, river and instructions to follow.
- Get into your rafts and go on with pool training sessions.
- Once you and our guide are familiar with basic rafting skills and requirement of the trip start off on the rafting trip for the rush of your adrenaline high.
- Navigate through exciting rapids of grade 3-3+ depending on that particular days water level.
- Carry back your rafts and gear from Take out point to the Jeeps waiting for you.
- Take a ride back in our Jeeps to Bhadra rafting camp office.
- Change your dress, sip some steaming Coffee/Tea and collect your photos and videos(if you have confirmed before the trip).
- Head back to Campsite with the memories of experience of your lifetime with Ace Paddlers
- Evening with High Tea, CampFire
- Dinner and relax in Camping tents( Proper toilet and bathing facilities available at camp site)
- Day 2:
- Morning Coffee/Tea
- Trek to Ranijhari(for people who want bit more of trekking then one can trek to BallalarayanaDurga Fort)
- Back to camp site to lunch
- Visit to Balige falls.
- Depart back with memories of the lifetime.
Itinerary is customized for each group based on their arrival time and departure time(of course it would cover all of those activities in the itinerary.